Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinPr
Binge Watcher

Re: Rewind turning tv off

Hello Danny,

I did the repairing of the remote. As said, it doesn’t do it every time. So, I’ll have to give it try awhile to see if it does it again. I’ll check in periodically to let you know if it still does it or not.

Stay tuned!

0 Kudos
Bassman1
Channel Surfer

Hi Danny - I see that you are a Roku employee, which is great to have an opportunity to engage with a direct employee!  As you can see since I first posted this issue, NUMEROUS people are all having the exact same issue.  While this may appear to be a small percentage of the overall Roku community, it also doesn't include all the others who aren't motivated to turn to this forum to seek help, the others who just "deal with it", and the rest who buy a different brand of device when they've had enough.  We have all described it in detail and similarly.  It's pretty clear to me this is a Roku device issue.  We've all re-programmed the remotes, we've all changed the batteries, we've all tried all the suggestions - but this continues to happen.  A real solution - a patch or update - OR a free replacement of my Roku Ultra - would all be acceptable solutions.  Hopefully one of them can happen soon so we can enjoy using our Roku and not switching to another brand when this one ultimately wears out.  Thanks!  

0 Kudos

I just started experiencing this problem today with the voice remote on my Premiere unit and Insignia TV.  Hadn’t been an issue in the 2+ years I’ve owned the unit before today.  I have re-paired the remote, changed the batteries, reset the Premiere (both from the remote menu and by unplugging the unit) and the other troubleshooting tips.  It happens regardless of what streaming source I am accessing, i.e., fuboTV, Netflix, Pluto, ESPN+.  Even the Roku Channel.  The last system update was completed 11/2/2022 and the last check for updates was completed today 11/24/2022.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@martini_man

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bassman1
Channel Surfer

It happens primarily while using the Netflix channel on our Roku Ultra device (not a Roku TV).

0 Kudos