Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkincer71

Replacement remote for 3912X

I moved and lost my remote for my Roku Stick is there any place out there that I can get a replacement? The model of the box is a 3912X serial number is JG2888EO58O37. I can't even use the app to turn the channel. The tv is NOT a smart tv. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Replacement remote for 3912X

You should be able to use either the Voice Remote or Voice Remote Pro. They are often in stock in stores that sell Roku devices, such as Best Buy. Then you don't have to wait for a delivery. Here's the web page that lists them both. 

Be aware you can't use the Roku Simple Remote, or any other generic IR remote. The Roku Stick players will only work with a WiFi Direct remote. They have no IR support at all.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Tivoburkee

3912x sounds more like an Express model than a Roku Stick. Does your Roku accept a Hdmi cable or does it have built-in hdmi connector so no need a for a hdmi cable?

Edmund

I am not a Roku employee.
atc98092

Yeah, I couldn't find 3912 in the Wiki model list, so I was basing my response on it being stated as a Stick. Good question. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@mkincer71 

For any Roku device (box, stick, TV) you can get a $20 Voice Remote or $30 Voice Remote Plus. For boxes, you can get a $15 Simple Remote.

For sticks, you need one of the Voice Remotes models, as the Simple Remotes are not compatible with sticks.

For TVs, you need either one of the Voice Remote models, or a remote from the manufacturer. The Roku Simple Remote is not compatible. I realize you don't have a Roku TV, but I'm offering this information in the event someone who does have one finds this post and could benefit from this information.

The model number you provided doesn't match anything I've seen. Model 3912 doesn't seem to exist. Model 3921 (the last two digits reversed from what you provided) is a Premiere+ and that's not a stick. The Simple Remote or a Voice Remote will work with that.

Most of the recent sticks are models 38xx (3810, 3811, etc). So, verify the model number and we can perhaps offer better or simpler guidance. But without the exact model number, it's difficult to suggest the most cost effective way of replacing your remote.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."