Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roadSurfer
Channel Surfer

Replacement remote for 3810EU Streaming Stick+

I need a new remote as some of the buttons have stopped working (even after taking it apart and cleaning it).

We have a 3810EU Streaming Stick+ that came with a RC407 Voice Remote, will the RCA1A Voice Remote be a compatible replacement?

Unfortunately Roku don't seem to list compatibility anywhere I can find, and this seems to be the only remote they offer. The linked pages in the pinned messages are also 404.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Replacement remote for 3810EU Streaming Stick+

This Voice remote page contains a chart of which Roku models support a Voice remote:
https://support.roku.com/article/360010940514

I don't know what differentiates the varies remote model numbers sold under the same model name. Different contract manufacturer perhaps? All should work with your 3810.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
roadSurfer
Channel Surfer

That tells me the 3810EU comes with a voice remote, not that the RCA1A is backwards compatible with it.

But thank you for the information.

Unfortunately £20 is too much to risk on something that might not work.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@roadSurfer, I'm not sure what about the page that @makaiguy linked to makes you think the 3810 doesn't support the current voice remotes (unless you're getting redirected to a different UK webpage), but trust me, it does.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
roadSurfer
Channel Surfer

The RCA1A voice remote has a warning about not supporting old devices. There is no explanation what "old" means.

I can't afford to waste £20 on something that won't work.

I want to know if the RCA1A is backwards compatible with my device.