Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SwiftTransient
Channel Surfer

Replacement Voice Remote Remote for Roku 4K Stick?

Jump to solution

We have a 2-yr old 3820CA 4K Streaming Stick with the RC-FA1 voice remote. I read the Roku streaming sticks use WiFi instead of IR. BestBuy sells the RCA1CA as a replacement, but I wanted to ask if this remote is correct for the 4K Streaming Stick?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Replacement Voice Remote Remote for Roku 4K Stick?

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @SwiftTransient!

We appreciate you reaching out for support about purchasing the correct Roku remote for your Roku Streaming Stick 4K. We'd be happy to provide further information about this.

It is correct that any Roku Voice Remote works well with your current Roku device, as per our Roku Streaming Expert's information above. We just wanted to confirm that the RCA1CA is also a voice remote compatible with your Roku Streaming Stick 4K.

We hope this information helps!

Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
SwiftTransient
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote keeps disconnecting

Jump to solution

We're having the same problem just lately with our 2022 4K Stick (model: 3820CA) remote (model: RC-FA1).

It can work for days then momentarily acts as it buttons are being pressed, and then ceases responding to commands, but the power Button works. Re-pairing it to the 3820CA 4K Stick seems to temporarily fix it. To re-pair the remote with the stick, I unplug the Roku Stick's power supply from the wall receptacle for 10 seconds and remove the batteries from the remote, then turn the TV on using the TV's power button, then plug the Roku 4K Stick's power adapter in and reinstall the remote batteries and press the little pair button next to the batteries and hold for 5 seconds until the light blinks. It could even be a problem with the stick, but we do know this remote did have an excessive battery consumption problem.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I don't know model numbers, but any current voice remote will work with a 3820.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @SwiftTransient!

We appreciate you reaching out for support about purchasing the correct Roku remote for your Roku Streaming Stick 4K. We'd be happy to provide further information about this.

It is correct that any Roku Voice Remote works well with your current Roku device, as per our Roku Streaming Expert's information above. We just wanted to confirm that the RCA1CA is also a voice remote compatible with your Roku Streaming Stick 4K.

We hope this information helps!

Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.