Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vieste
Channel Surfer

Remote works intermittently, new batterie would sometimes resolve but now nothing works.

Remote starts to only work intermittently, then won't work at all. Prior to this, I changed new batteries and sometimes it worked again, but only for about a week and now won't work at all.  It's an Insignia 2017, Serial # L2FH7YA016372, Model # NS 39DRS10NA17.   Please help.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Vieste
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote works intermittently, new batterie would sometimes resolve but now nothing works.

The info from Roku tells you on this site to go to setting and do something with HDMI - CEC.  This is impossible when Roku TV won't even turn on.  [See previous statement]

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote works intermittently, new batterie would sometimes resolve but now nothing works.

You have to get it touch with Roku Tv manufacturer, Roku only supplies the UI for the Roku tv. Anyways the tv is 5 years old, way out of warranty, just buy a cheap universal like the One-For-All urc-7935 streamer remote:

P1010420 (2).JPG

Here it next to Roku tv remote, it can be found cheap on ebay for an open box version:

urc-7935 remote | eBay

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos