Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BEARsq
Reel Rookie

Remote won't pair with streaming stick. Keeps blinking

Let me say this stick lasted for maybe a month before the problem. Roku is a terrible company, with terrible products. My Roku stick remote stopped responding. It wouldn't pair. I tried every single dumb step in this forum to fix it from "experts". Replaced batteries, restarted Stick, factory reset Stick, I'm using the original cables and remote from package. Now I have a Streaming Stick factory reset, stuck on the pair screen, because remote will not pair. And I will not DM any of you experts. You will just tell me.to replace the batteries like I'm some kind of idiot. Last time I buy a Roku product, waste of money 

9 REPLIES 9
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote won't pair with streaming stick. Keeps blinking

Hi @BEARsq,

We appreciate you for reaching out to us about this remote issue, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to help. And to better understand the issue you're running into. Could you tell us how long and when did you start seeing the issue occur?

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tornado1982
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue. Just bought it so initial setup. Model 3820x2 s/n sojc33a7ts3j

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Tornado1982, the stick should have come with a cable like this:

6ab33b1f-9f0b-4c53-b292-ecaefbab68dd

Without it the remote won't work and they are known to be bad out of the box - you may have bought one that someone returned.  If you're using that cable and the remote won't pair, you may want to return it.

For instructions on how to pair:

How to set up your Roku® voice remote | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tornado1982
Reel Rookie

I’m using it so back to Walmart I go…

0 Kudos
BEARsq
Reel Rookie

@Tornado1982 Just like I said in my original post. Tried everything, yes we are using the stupid cable. But here are the experts telling us to use that cable like we are idiots... Done with Roku

0 Kudos
Suprheat

I had this exact issue. Here's how to fix it. Unplug the Roku. Let the remote blink until it stops, it will, it just takes a few minutes. Plug in the Roku, wait for HOME screen, then press the HOME and BACK button on the remote for 15 seconds.

Once I got it working, I didn't want to experiment anymore but if you're pairing with a stick, you may need to do the above steps along with resetting the stick by depressing the button on the Roku Stick for 10 seconds, wait for the HOME screen then do the last step. 

0 Kudos
SLind

I can’t get the Home Screen to pop up after resetting.  I’m trying to pair my remote.  It goes to the screen that says take the battery cover off the back and find the reset button but my remote doesn’t have a reset button so I’m stuck.  I’ve tried every kind of reset I’ve read about and it keeps coming back to the reset button screen.  Help!!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@SLind, more information would be helpful.  Do you have a stick that plugs directly into the TV without the need for an HDMI cable?  What's the model number written on it?  Does your remote have a microphone button?

If it's a stick you need an RF remote that has to be paired.  The remote should either have a button on the back or inside the battery compartment or you hold down the Home and Back buttons down simultaneously until the light on the remote starts flashing.

How to set up your Roku® voice remote | Official Roku Support

If you have a stick and a simple remote the two will never work together.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Monikaw

I just had this issue. What helped was to disconnect the Roku device from power, disconnect tv from power and take out the batteries from the remote. Wait one minute. Plug in the tv and the roku, then press and hold the reset button on the Roku stick for 15 seconds. Once that was done, and the batteries were inserted into the remote, the pairing process went smoothly.

0 Kudos