Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nastor5

Remote won't pair after TV factory reset

My tv randomly stopped connecting to my wifi and couldn't see any networks at all. Tried network reset and it said something in the MAC field like "Wi-Fi hardware not connected" or something. Went through a million google searches trying different resets and troubleshooting, nothing worked, so went for the factory reset.

Now my TV turns on and is stuck on the red language screen. When I press the remote's pairing button the light comes on and flashes for a while but eventually never connects and turns off. Have tried unplugging the tv, removing the remote batteries, holding the pairing button for 20 secs and then trying to pair, and any combination of the above.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
jose73
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote won't pair after TV factory reset

Hello N5,

I'm having the same problem, do you have a Roku 3 model 4200x?

0 Kudos
sleeplessseattl
Reel Rookie

Having the exact same issue! Even bought a new remote and ethernet cable but still stuck on the language screen with two (one original one new) remotes that won't pair

0 Kudos
jose73
Reel Rookie

I thought about buying a new Roku 4 but what a dilema cannot do a factory reset. $99

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community user!

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd appreciate the information provided about this ongoing issue, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

We'll be glad to take a closer look at this. To better understand the issue you're seeing. When did the issue occur? Have you tried using a different HDMI cable to see if you still see the same issue? If possible, could you provide us with a screenshot or a video clip of the issue you're seeing?

By understanding this thoroughly, we'll be able to provide you with accurate solutions.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ThugAngel

It's stuck on the language screen. Remote will only power on & off, nothing else. Can't connect TV to WiFi after factory reset until I'm able to get past the language screen. After I factory reset my TV, my remote control stopped working. I can't add the TV to my Roku account on the website or the remote control app since WiFi isn't available until after set up. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@ThugAngel, I assume you have a voice remote with a microphone button on it?  Have you tried pairing it?

How to set up your Roku® voice remote | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MC48

IMG_20240429_042504.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @MC48!

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thank you for informing us about the issue you are facing with remote pairing, and we apologize for the inconvenience that it caused you. We would like to properly assess the issue and investigate it further.

Here's how to proceed and see if this helps you out.

• Power cycle your TV ( Unplug from the power outlet and wait for at least 5 sec.)
  • Reconnect the power cable turn on your TV and wait until you routed to the main screen
  • Locate a new matching pair of batteries.
  • Press the pairing which is located either on the back of the remote or under the battery cover. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash.

Note: If your voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home buttons for 5 seconds or until you see the status light begin to flash.

For more information and detailed instructions, you can refer to this support page: How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working

Thanks,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos