Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nykto

Remote will not control TV

I have a new Roku Express 4K+.  We have a total of 7 Roku devices.  This one's remote will not pair with our TV.  All others can pair with the same TV as we tried switching the new remote out with others that work.  When we switch, the old remote pares with the TV fine, but the bad remote will not pare with the TV the old remote had already been pared with.  So in short - 1 out of 7 remotes will not pare with any TV.  We have Samsung and Insignia TVs. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote will not control TV

Hi @nykto,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand how important it is to have a working remote when using our Roku device. No worries, help is here. Please check out this support article on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
ericxkisch
Reel Rookie

After years of trouble free use of the Roku 4630X unit and its remote, it has suddenly become almost impossible to use.  Seems the problems of pairing started after the batteries suddenly went haywire and discharged corrosion materials over the battery compartment.  This literally happened overnight.  When I discovered the problem I opened the battery compartment, removed the batteries and scrubbed it clean with a toothbrush.  I replaced the batteries and tried to pair it to the streaming unit to no avail.  Disconnecting and reconnecting the Roku worked and I was able to move between channels, etc.  BUT, when the TV set is turned off for the night and we come back to turn it on, the remote will not work until I disconnect the Roku and try to pair the remote to it.  It's hit and miss and sometimes in the middles of a viewing session, the remote will quit and will not allow pairing and functioning.

I have followed the instructions on the video to no avail.  Is it possible to fix this issue, or has this Roku and. or the remote ended its functioning life?

Please advise what I can do, if anything or need to replace the remote and/or the unit.

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
ericxkisch
Reel Rookie

After trying the recommended pairing procedures nothing has changed.  I have just ordered a replacement remote and will see if this solves the problem.  I hope this works.  Or will I need to replace the whole unit??  Disappointed with solutions that don't solve the problem.

0 Kudos