Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MajorRexHavoc
Binge Watcher

Remote that would not hold a charge

A while ago I posed the following to the board about a remote that would not hold a charge: 
https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes/Voice-Remote-Pro-not-holding-charge/m-p/877762#M40361

I was told a few times in messages that Roku would send me a replacement remote, and then they went silent. No follow up, no remote, and I still have a remote that I have to leave plugged in most of the time to get it to hold charge. 

Has anyone had any success with Roku customer service? I am having a new problem with my recent new unit, and I wonder if it is even worth posting here since they seem to be mostly useless at actually doing anything. 

Probably won't be buying another Roku unit any time. Too bad, one of the better streaming players, but the support behind it is awful. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote that would not hold a charge

@MajorRexHavoc wrote:

I am having a new problem with my recent new unit, and I wonder if it is even worth posting here since they seem to be mostly useless at actually doing anything.

You don't know 'til you try for any given issue.  There are some very helpful and knowledgeable people here, beyond just the official Roku forum moderators. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
MajorRexHavoc
Binge Watcher

@makaiguy Thanks for the answer. I think they may be hiding from me. I talked to three different people about a replacement remote, and not one of them followed through.  If they are there, I have just been unlucky. 

Where do you suggest I start this service issue? 

0 Kudos
tasha26

YES, they are completely worthless. I will never buy another Roku product from them.

I have been having remote issues as well. I can't even get anyone to make a complaint. The remote completely stopped working. 

MajorRexHavoc
Binge Watcher

At least I know it’s not just me!  🙂

0 Kudos