Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlattal
Reel Rookie

Remote stuck in pairing mode

Hi there - I've seen similar posts and used all the tips regarding a remote device that won't connect/gets stuck in pairing mode. Already did hard factory reset, re-paired, but by the time I advance to screen to re-enter my account email, remote has already un-synced. How do I find if I am eligible for replacement?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote stuck in pairing mode

Hi @jlattal,

A warm welcome here in the Roku community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku remote. We'd like to know more about the problem that you are experiencing. What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV) What type of remote are you using? (universal, simple, or voice remote) Please try factory resetting your Roku device again (since the activation code expires in thirty minutes) and pairing the remote again. Once you are on the screen where you'll have to enter your email address, you have to hit the "OK" button on your Roku remote so that it will show you the keys for letters to type your email address. Customers usually fail to hit the "OK" button, which makes them think about the remote being stuck.

Let us know if this works. If the problem persists, please keep us posted.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jlattal
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I ran factory reset and saw the pairing/remote icon on the screen. Remote paired to roku which allowed me to select network and enter wifi password. Immediately after that, pairing was lost. OK button would not work on remote to advance me to enter email address.

Simple remote with Roku model 3600x

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jlattal,

Thanks for the update!

When using a simple remote control, you don't need to pair it with your device because it runs on IR; all you need to do is point it directly at the device without any interference. On the other hand, Roku voice remotes require pairing with the device.

Try this out and see if it helps you. If your Roku streaming device is acting up, try unplugging it and giving it a break for ten to fifteen minutes before connecting it back in. In addition, attempt to take the batteries out of your remote (and if at all possible, put in a fresh set). Then give it another shot and see if the problem persists.

If it doesn't work, please post back here with your device's serial number, and we'll take it from there.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jlattal
Reel Rookie

IMG_3718.jpeg

hi there- still having issues after following instructions. Serial number is in photo below. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jlattal,

We appreciate you getting back to us and the efforts you've made to resolve this issue.

Our support team will join us to provide additional assistance. Please make sure that you monitor your email address because that is how they will communicate with you.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us to let us know how things are going or if there is anything more that we can do to be of additional assistance to you.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jd35

I am having the same issue with my remote not pairing and it stuck on pair your remote screen.  Here is the serial number for my roku 4k streaming stick: <span;>S0JC337P6XY8

any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jd35,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku remote since it will not pair. We're happy to assist you. Please check out this support article here on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

If the problem still persists, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos