Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UDF
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote stops working even with new batteries.

Jump to solution

It's  a  3930X  I don't see  any other  numbers..

Other than what's on the power adaptor.. 

So my main Question , IS  "Do I  need to replace  the  Remote" 

It's useless not working.. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @UDF.

Thanks for following up

You can find the serial number of your Roku device from Settings > System > About. I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

For more information about how to locate the serial number, visit our Support page here: How to find the serial number or device ID for your Roku® streaming player | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
UDF
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

OK here's  the  Ser (I removed) the  number..

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @UDF,

Thanks for the info.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you through email.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

S/N CU395F009564 Model#3800X [personal information removed] remote does not work unless we pull new batteries out and then put them back in each time before using, please advise.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @timnkaren1983,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

Note: Never post any personally identifiable, private, or sensitive information publicly, including passwords, email addresses, or payment information. Community content is visible to all Community members.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Prittyflower23
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F @RokuDanny-R

My problem is still not resolved. I’m not going to buy yet another new remote and run in to the same problem. My remote is new and it doesn’t recognize replacement batteries. This is not acceptable to buy again and chalk it up to an oh well. I want roku to fix. In the thread, and in the header problem statement, others have experienced this. I need the solution

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Prittyflower23,

Saw your post!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device.

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PoeFae
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F Could you please help me too? I have a Roku voice remote that has been only working off and on daily since I got this Roku. It will out of the blue just not work. It does this off and on throughout the day. The Power button and the volume buttons will work but none of the other buttons will work. If I remove the batteries and then put them back it will start working again, until it happens again. It is incredibly frustrating to have to keep removing and putting back the batteries over and over and over. Worse, I don't have nails so I have to search the coffee table for something to pry the batteries out.

I have tried all the troubleshooting methods, from this site and others, like, re-pairing the remote, taking batteries out restarting Roku, unplugging the Roku completely and putting it back after a certain amount of time, replacing with big name batteries (instead of generic) and others "fixes" that I have found over time in my desperate need to fix the issue. Nothing at all helps.  I want to throw the remote and watch it shatter it gets me so frustrated. I do not throw it but that is how frustrating it is and it's the fact that it has always done this is just too much. 

Model: 3800X  Serial #: YF008A142998

I would really, really appreciate any help.

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @PoeFae,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you through email.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator