Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote stopped working

Jump to solution

@Stachilles 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

After several months of use, my roku Ultra remote no longer allows control of volume or on/off. I’ve changed batteries, followed the setup instructions a dozen or more times, unplugged and removed batteries to re-pair the unit.  In setup, I get to the point where it asks if I hear the sound and yes, I hear it, then the screen with, did the sound stop and the answer is no. So it then says that the unit will not pair with this TV, and yet it has worked for several months prior to this.  I believe that I have followed the instructions and yet nothing seems to work, including the suggested url page that really offers nothing different from the setup instructions. We are turning on the TV and controling the volume with the old Sharp TV remote and then move to specific programming with the Roku.  What am I doing wrong???

model # 4670X

SN: KWA04H691371

rjb@unl.edu unitrjb@unl.edu unit

0 Kudos
rbaileycce

Re: Remote power/volume sensor

Jump to solution

Why doesn't my Ultra remote control my TV power anymore.  It worked fine a week ago then I changed the batteries and It no longer will power on or off my Samsung TV???  I have tried almost every resource and have no answers yet.  Roku Support site is not much use.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@NeuroCyants @rbaileycce 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here: 
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?
Why is my Roku® enhanced remote not controlling volume and power on my TV?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PES
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

[personal information removed], serial number YH00DJ735175.  Connected to a Samsung TV.  The remote is not working and I replaced batteries and tried the troubleshooting steps and still not working.

Thanks,  Patricia

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @PES,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dsjones44

Jump to solution

My remote stopped working and I suspect because it got wet. I've dried it out overnight in a bag with rice (the smart phone trick) but that didn't help. I've replaced batteries and no action. I assume I just need a whole new remote? What remotes are compatible? My tv is serial # W190940M00774.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@dsjones44

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cbarte

Re: Remote stopped working on Roku Express

Jump to solution

HELP!  My ROKU was working a few days ago and has now stopped working.  It will go to the ROKU page but nothing further . Do I need a new remote?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote stopped working on Roku Express

Jump to solution

Hey @cbarte

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We would recommend trying all the troubleshooting steps in this link and see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing: How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote

Please also reply here with the serial number of the device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos