Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QBS

Remote stopped controlling Sony Bravia TV

I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ with an enhanced remote. The remote has suddenly stopped controlling my TV. I have searched and tried all of the troubleshooting tips found but it still will not work as it previously had. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote stopped controlling Sony Bravia TV

@QBS

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?
Why is my Roku® enhanced remote not controlling volume and power on my TV?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team to see what other troubleshooting they can provide.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dani64

Did you find a solution? I am having the exact same issue with my roku3 and Sony Bravia TV. It used to work just fine.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for joining us here at the Roku Community, @Dani64!

Thanks for raising your remote concern here with us. Rest assured that we'll find you the best resolution for this. 

May we first know what Roku remote you are having issues with? Refer to our Support article to help you Identify your remote. Are there any flickering lights on your device or TV whenever you try to press buttons on your remote? Also, have you tried to put on a new set of fresh batteries or charge it if it's rechargeable? Try to reset it by pressing the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 60 seconds and re-pair it again to see if it will make any difference. 

The best course of action will be suggested once we have a better understanding of the situation. We'll be anticipating your response.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Slam75
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem.  Just started happening.  Cannot pair/program the remote to the tv by any of the codes.   My remote model is RC150 voice remote.  

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Slam75,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Roku remote. Please check out this support article here on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

Let us know how it works.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Slam75
Reel Rookie

The remote works fine, the problem is it will now not control the tv.  When stepping through and process to select a Sony code, none of the 50 codes work to sync the remote to the tv functions.  I suspect this is a Roku software update problem and not the remote itself.  Now must use the tv remote to control on/off and volume.  The Roku remote only will control the Roku. 

MmG58

Seems like many of us have the same problem with no help from support.  It is only the Sony Bravia TV that is not pairing to the remote.  The remote and Roku work fine.  I would really appreciate an answer as I do not have my Sony Remote anymore.  Therefore I have no way to adjust volume or on/off to Tv with a remote.  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @MmG58

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

If you're using a Roku voice remote, it has the feature of volume and power control as well as the voice command feature with your TV. However, it does not control the main interface of your non-Roku TV.

Additionally, may we know what specific Roku device you have? 

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Slam75
Reel Rookie

Miraculously, it started working properly with no other action by me.  It now control the TV on-off and the volume, just as it had done before.  I did nothing else to fix it, it simply started to work.  

0 Kudos