Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richd-Den
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

I'm not sure how or why but my remote skipping tiles/channels has stopped some time ago. No particular "fix" seemed to do it. Roku Ultra.

I'm happy but confused.

0 Kudos
iRdMoose
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, it has a microphone button, and more recent updates resolved the issue. That is, until Roku decided to brick both of my devices by presenting me with a pretty evil update to the license agreement that I can't opt out of without waiting for an indeterminate amount of time for Roku to unlock it after sending a denial via snail mail. I fixed all of my Roku issues by throwing both devices in the trash.

It was a good 10 year run with Roku, but I've moved on.

0 Kudos
bach3
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Repairing the remote worked for me. I was getting double and triple entries the past couple weeks, and it got increasingly worse/frequent. Just did a repair and all is well, for now.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey Community,

If you're experiencing your Roku Remote causing navigation through the Roku home screen to skip or hop over multiple channel tiles simultaneously, we understand how frustrating that can be.

To address this issue, we recommend trying the following steps:

1. Restart Your Roku Device: Navigate to Settings > System > Power > Restart. This should resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Note: We'll mark this post as solved for visibility and as a reference for other users.

Please let us know if the problem persists despite attempting the above steps. Feel free to provide any additional information to help our team investigate further. Don't forget to include the serial number of your Roku device that is paired/used with your Roku Remote for more targeted assistance.

Thanks for your cooperation, and we're here to help resolve any ongoing issues you encounter!

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator