Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

Hi @Bluewinkle,

Welcome to your first post here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we definitely want to help you with this. As a start, you can troubleshoot the issue by performing a system restart. To do this, go to Settings > System > System Restart. After this step, kindly check and see if you notice any difference.

Please provide us with updates on how it goes.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dty2

Jump to solution

I have found it doesn't matter what remote you use.  I have the original ancient remote which still works and it still skips over channels.  I have also used the latest remote with the volume control.

The only solution I have found is to restart the Roku.  I don't know how long this solution will last.

FB10331
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I rebooted my Roku Ultra the skip problem was resolved. Can't say how long it will be before the issue reoccurs but I'll post how long when it happens again.

Bluewinkle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Rebooting solved the problem. Thanks.

GTC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I rebooted my Roku device again, but this time by unplugging the power connection then waiting for a full 10 minutes to allow any stored capacitive charges to dissipate in the device's circuitry and that seemed to stop the skipping using the remote.  But time will tell if this is a permanent fix or just a temporary bandage.

But on a side note, I just learned today that my Father-in-Laws Roku TV started skipping over the multiple channels about a week ago as well.  He lives in his own house miles from mine so the common denominator is Roku.  I'll suggest the same unplugging then waiting 10 minutes or more for his Roku TV and hopefully that will resolve it.

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

There should be no need to wait 10 minutes.  Roku OS clears all the dynamic memory as part of starting up, so as long as you get a good reboot, it should be just as effective.

Jump to solution

We have 6 Rokus and they ALL started to do this in June of 2023.  This must be a flawed push from Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Can you post what models you have? We're trying to establish some trends to develop a reproduction model to test this in house.  Which channels do you use the most where you see this?

0 Kudos
Jerry15
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just bought s new termite and it still skips! Works perfectly with the Roku remote app on my iPhone?

This is a real pain

0 Kudos
Jerry15
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Remote not termite

0 Kudos