Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patm1198
Reel Rookie

Remote replacement concern with support ticket 9630896

Roku Customer Support reference #: 9630896

i received a replacement remote control, its a battery operated model RCC1R and working as it should, but this is a basic model and i paid for a voice remote pro 2nd edition.

Why are you replacing the one i purchased with a lessor model with no rebate or explanation. 

original that i purchased   model RCB1R    $29.99

replacement for defective model RCC1R    $ 9.99

Roku web site says the remote I purchased is compatible with my TV, so why the downgrade. 

Roku's handling my new Roku remote gives me and others reading this post a reason to lose confidence in your company and its products and a cause to start looking else ware. 

Roku charged me for the more expensive remote that had more features and replaced it with a much lessor model and offered no rebate as of 4/27/24. BTW offering a rebate now is pandering, but if your doing nothing then yes i want my little bit of money back.

This is such a small issue, imagine dealing with expensive products and getting these results!!!!!!!  An exaggerated analogy would be that i purchase from Roku a 75 inch tv and you send me a 55 inch to fix my issue. i could go on and on but you get the message.

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
joss1
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Customer Support reference #: 9630896

Not a good look for Roku.

Please post again if Roku resolved your issue.

The Mod surely has seen this by now. [4/27]

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Customer Support reference #: 9630896

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, @Patm1198.

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We will coordinate this with our Support team for further assistance. 

We have already double-checked your account and have validated everything. Kindly check your inbox as our Support team will send you a separate email regarding this matter.

Once again, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.