Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HRH1211
Reel Rookie

Remote pairing fails after a few seconds

Jump to solution

My voice remote seems to pair when I unplug and replug my Roku, but then fails again within a few seconds. I also cannot get it to pair with the pairing button on the back. I’ve changed the batteries twice, so I know it isn’t that. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote pairing fails after a few seconds

Jump to solution

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Community, @HRH1211!

Thanks for letting us know about the remote issues you are currently experiencing and we'd be happy to help you pair this effectively. 

Before we proceed, may we know which specific Roku player this was connected to? In addition, when did you initially start having trouble with pairing? We suggest putting in a fresh new set of batteries to see if this will make any difference. 

If the issue persists, try to press and hold the back and home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it. After doing so, re-pair it to see if  this will make any difference. 

Please keep us posted on how it goes, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Community, @HRH1211!

Thanks for letting us know about the remote issues you are currently experiencing and we'd be happy to help you pair this effectively. 

Before we proceed, may we know which specific Roku player this was connected to? In addition, when did you initially start having trouble with pairing? We suggest putting in a fresh new set of batteries to see if this will make any difference. 

If the issue persists, try to press and hold the back and home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it. After doing so, re-pair it to see if  this will make any difference. 

Please keep us posted on how it goes, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
HRH1211
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Carly! Thank you so much for replying. I actually think I figured it out after reading around here yesterday. I pressed the volume up and mute button at the same time and it seemed to reset everything! Hopefully I won’t have any other issue. if I do, I will try the method you mentioned. 
thx! 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for keeping us posted, @HRH1211!

We're glad to hear your update. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us again for future assistance. We'd be more than happy to continue doing so.

Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos