Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Copterkid1

Remote inputs seize on screen after only 4-5 inputs.

Remote inputs seize on screen after only 4-5 inputs. Unable to identify. Tried unplugging. Can't even perform factory reset. 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Remote inputs seize on screen after only 4-5 inputs.

Can you elaborate please. What inputs are you speaking of. 

0 Kudos
Copterkid1

When I press the left, right or other options on the remote, the screen will seize. Remote won't even power off when frozen.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Again can you elaborate please. Which Roku model do you have? Are you speaking about the Roku remote? Have you restarted your Roku? Sounds to me like your using the TV remote. 

0 Kudos
Copterkid1

I have the basic roku express remote. Yes, I have tried restarting. Not sure what model. I'm guessing the basic express. 

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Let's try this one more time. Can you please elaborate on exactly what is happening. The Roku basic remote does not control the your TV. Only the Roku. You mean "simple" remote? So you press the back arrow on your Roku remote and your TV screen resolution changes sizes? If you go into your Roku settings and set the picture size to auto. Exactly what channel are you watching when this happens. Please provide more information. 

0 Kudos
danitaz
Binge Watcher

I had this happen to me yesterday.  I ended up having to unplug the Roku (Roku Express - less than a week old - upgraded from a Roku Stick to have IR Remote Control ability!).  But so far it only happened once.  I'm interested to hear if anyone at Roku has some suggestions - my guess is that since it's "not just you", there might be something that needs addressing in an update.

Danita

Roku Express, Roki Streaming Stick, Roku TV.
I'm not a Roku employee. Just a TV streaming geek since 2008!

If this post solves your problem you can help others find the solution too! Just click "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

You are using a different remote. He is using a Roku simple remote. So when you push the back arrow on your remote the screen size changes?

0 Kudos
danitaz
Binge Watcher

I have both a regular Roku simple remote and a programmable remote.  I pulled out the Roku remote when the problem occured.  The simple remote did not help.  This thread does not say that the screen size changes.  It says that it "seizes".  In other words it gets stuck.

Roku Express, Roki Streaming Stick, Roku TV.
I'm not a Roku employee. Just a TV streaming geek since 2008!

If this post solves your problem you can help others find the solution too! Just click "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Try reading the 3rd reply 

0 Kudos