Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donnaraeb
Reel Rookie

Remote help PLEASE! So frustrated

Hi

The other day one of my TV's stopped working. The Roku remote would turn it on and then freeze, Nothing worked to fix it. It was a streaming stick so I couldn't find a compatible replacement remote so I bought a whole new Roku4k+. It is more like a tiny box than the stick which is like a USB sort of stick.  

It worked for about an hour and it is frozen.  I can do volume or power but nothing else works. It is stuck on the home screen with all the app choices.  It happened to a different TV last week but unplugging the Chromecast fixed it.  It didn't for this.  I am so frustrated with these things.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote help PLEASE! So frustrated

Try pairing the remote again.  Unplug the power from the (I assume Express) 4k+ and find the pairing button inside the battery compartment of the remote.  Press and hold the button until the green light starts flashing and then plug in the power to the Express.  Set the remote down next to the Express and it will hopefully pair once it finishes booting.

By the way, the remote you got should also work with your Stick, but you have to pair it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.