Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wlo0273
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote: hard to press the buttons

Please explain if issue ever resolved and if so how?  Thanks 

0 Kudos
wlo0273
Reel Rookie

The referenced model number aligns with my issue. How was this resolved and how long will this take?  Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you reaching us here in the Roku Community, @wlo0273 ! 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you've been having with your remote. We'd be more than happy to look closely into this matter and find you the best resolution possible. 

With this being said, kindly meet us through Private Message for further assistance.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Timk12

How was the issue resolved?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Timk12!

Thanks for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you are having the same issue of having trouble with pressing certain buttons on your Roku remote?

If so, kindly provide us with the specific unresponsive buttons and the model of the Roku player it was connected to so we can assess your concern better and find you the best resolution possible.

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Bets regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: My right arrow doesn't work

I am having the same problem and have not been able to get any help with this from Roku.  Has anyone been able to get this problem resolved

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello, @kerriemillie!

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We understand that you are facing some issues with your Roku remote, and we're here to assist you. 

I have sent you a private message to get some additional details about the problem. 

We appreciate your patience and cooperation in this matter. 

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WalkerZ
Reel Rookie

I have exactly the same problem. I'm very disappointed in Roku. I have three Streaming Stick 4K, all purchased at the same time about four months ago. Two of them work great with no problems. The third has had continual problems with freezing / locking up for no reason, requiring a reboot to recover.

On this same system, the remote buttons have become very hard to respond when using the arrow buttons or the OK button.

It appears that Roku has severe quality problems in either design or manufacturing.

Roku service has ghosted me too - I've had trouble tickets in for months and no response to repeated inquiries.

Without response, I'll have to look at other providers for a quality experience.

0 Kudos
Ally370

I’ve been having the same issue with mine. Just purchased in October. Very disappointed. It’s been getting worse over the past few weeks 

0 Kudos
Caveman52
Reel Rookie

Re: One remote button barely works

I have the same issue. The right side arrow button has to be pushed extremely hard to advance the screen to the right. My remote is less than a year old and came with a brand new Roku Streaming Stick. I have 5 tv's in my house 3 ROKU tv's and 2 older tv's using the ROKU streaming stick. Only one of these is having the issue. I have tried the recommended fixes ( changing the remote batteries and re-pairing the remote, also going through the SETTING/REMOTE setup again) but nothing seems to fix it. Could these be faulty remotes? If so, is there a procedure to replace them?  Are there any other ideas as to what I can do to correct this issue?   

0 Kudos