Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSKExpress2023
Reel Rookie

Remote finder sound won't work in app

Whenever I try to use the remote finder on the Roku app it won't play the sound. But whenever I do find the remote and use the remote finder using the app on my phone it plays. What can I do to fix it for the app if anything? 

11 REPLIES 11
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote finder sound won't work in app

Hi @MSKExpress2023,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the remote finder feature on the Roku mobile app.

Roku remote will not emit the remote finder sound if the batteries are dead, or if the remote is out-of-range of the wireless network. Please follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below to re-pair the remote and check if that resolves the issue:

• Remove the batteries and let it be out of the remote
  • Unplug the Roku from the TV when the TV is on
  • Unplug the Power cord from the Roku ( Note: There should not be any light on the Roku when if you did it right )
  • Plugin the power cord with Roku and plug in the Roku with the HDMI port of the TV  ( check whether you see the Roku logo on the TV screen if you do it right)
  • Insert the batteries in the remote and press the black button near the batteries compartment for 4 seconds and release it

For more information about the feature, please check the support article mentioned below: How to find your Roku remote using the lost remote finder feature | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MSKExpress2023
Reel Rookie

It's me again. I have the Voice remote pro. There are no batteries. I can only charge it.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MSKExpress2023,

Thanks for the response and clarification about having a Roku Voice Remote Pro.

We want to make sure that we can get this resolved as soon as possible. We suggest you try changing the remote finder sound and check if you get the sound. You can change the sound by following the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote 
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Remotes and then select your voice remote
  5. Select Change remote finder sound
  6. As you move up and down the list, remain on a selection for a moment to hear a sample played on your TV speakers. When you find a sound you like, press OK to download it to your remote
  7. To hear the new sound played on the speaker in your remote, select Preview remote finder sound.

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joe36
Reel Rookie

This did not fix my issue. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for joining us here at the Roku Community, @Joe36!

Thanks for letting us know. Please be aware that using the feature find my remote is not applicable when using the Roku mobile app. For further details about this feature, kindly refer to our Support article, How to find your Roku remote using the lost remote finder feature

Let us know if you have further queries or are in need of any assistance, and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so. Furthermore, feel free to create a new thread for different concerns.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joe36
Reel Rookie

Yes, I need assistance. I have a new Roku remote pro that is fully charged. When asking, “hey Roku, where’s my remote?” The sound rarely plays on the remote. I have tried changing the sound downloaded to the remote. 

Is there something else I can try to make this  feature functional? Thanks

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Joe36

After you install the free Roku mobile app on your phone, you can open it and trigger the lost remote finder in one of the following ways.

• On your phone: Select the Devices icon from the navigation bar, and make sure you are connected to your Roku device. Next, tap the three dots to the right of your connected device and select Ping Remote to trigger the feature.
  • On your Roku device: Select the Remote icon from the navigation bar to control your Roku device. Once you are using the mobile app as your "remote", you can open the home screen on your Roku device and go to Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > [select your remote] > Find remote to trigger the feature.

We hope this works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Joe36
Reel Rookie

My problem is with getting the voice feature to work.  I have a new Roku remote pro that is fully charged. When ASKING, “Hey Roku, where’s my remote?” The sound does not play on the remote. However, on the tv screen it starts the countdown to turn off the noise (if it was to work).  I have tried changing the sound downloaded to the remote. 

Is there something else I can try to make this  feature functional? Thanks

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Joe36,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem getting the voice feature to work. Please check out this support article here on how to use voice to search for and control your Roku streaming device.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos