Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJ-Greg-G
Channel Surfer

Remote finder Volume to Low

What’s the point of having a feature that causes your remote to “beep” or make a sound when you lost it if the sound is to low to hear???? Is there anyway to turn up the remote finder sound volume so I can actually hear the sound when I lose the remote????

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Remote finder Volume to Low

@DJ-Greg-G  I own a voice remote pro and the sound coming from the remote is plenty loud. No you cannot turn it up. Then again I never lose my remote. I bought 3 voice remote pros for each of my TCL Roku TVs. I bought them for the two programmable buttons, point anywhere ability (meeting you don’t need to pointed at the TV to work) and for the hands free ability. I can walk through the door and say “Hey Roku play YouTube TV” 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@DJ-Greg-G 

Part of the issue is that speaker is on the upper back of the remote, so already muffled when in a normal resting position.  Only gets suppressed more when you add a couch cushion into the mix.

I have found the "referee whistle" to be pretty loud though.  The Sonar and Zen are probably the lowest tones of the ones available.

(Settings/Remotes & Devices/Remotes/Change Remote Finder Sound)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Ello2022
Roku Guru

@AvsGunnar  I find Zen to actually be louder. But I agree that a little small speaker muffled by pillows would be hard to hear at times. But honestly I never lose my remote. 

0 Kudos