Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jhablewitz

Remote down button does not work

We purchased our @Roku in July, but did not use until August. The down button on the remote does not work. This is unacceptable to me, as it has only been 2 months since we have used it. How can we remedy this situation? Any @support on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jen H.

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Remote down button does not work

@Jhablewitz Did you purchase the Roku device from Roku or a retailer like Walmart, Target, Amazon, Best Buy?  If you purchased from a retailer I would ask for a replacement remote.  If you purchased the device from Roku they will likely replace the remote but be aware that Roku will make you pay shipping to return your device which may cost more than a new remote depending on which remote you have.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here at the Roku Community, @Jhablewitz!

Thanks for sharing your remote issues with us. No worries. Our Support team has been made aware of this matter. Kindly keep an eye out for your emails, as they will reach you there. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with, and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DebbeS

As of this morning the down button does not bring up the guide- why?  What is the fix and temporary solution?

kherren
Channel Surfer

I have the same issue starting today the down arrow does not bring up the guide in the DirecTV app. The only way to get to the guide is restart the app. This may belong in the ATT DirecTV forum will post it there since the down arrow does work at the main roku menu.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@DebbeS, it's not a Roku issue.  Express your disgust with everyone else here:

https://forums.directv.com/conversations/watching-directv-stream/directv-streamroku-remote-down-arro...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
berniez
Reel Rookie

I am having the same exact issue. I bought Roku Express 4K+ from Amazon in July. That is in a spare room and hardly ever used. The down arrow button needs to be pushed really hard to do anything. Been putting up with it. When scrolling through a guide, this is a big problem. Other than this button, remote is fine. I am sure I need another remote to fix this issue. Please advise

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @berniez.

We're sorry for this experience. May we know what specific Roku remote this is and what is the device ID paired with your remote? You can go ahead and check it through Settings > System > About

We're hoping for your response.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
berniez
Reel Rookie

Remote is Roku Voice remote. Device ID is S0HAK2A140N1  Model 3941X2

0 Kudos
ColleenC
Reel Rookie

Have same issue.    Ordered new streaming stick from WaMart in August.    Down button barely works, everything else works great.   Model 3820Rw2. Streaming Stick 4K

0 Kudos