Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KayB2000
Reel Rookie

Remote dead after 1 month

My Roku Express 4K+ remote has suddenly stopped working. I replaced the batteries in the correct orientation. Unplugged my Roku and TV and plugged it back in correctly. Nothing is working. I have a simple remote so I do not need to pair the remote. Please help.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote dead after 1 month

Hi @KayB2000,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with your Roku remote since it stopped working. We're happy to help. Please check out this support article on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

If the issue still persists, please let us know.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KayB2000
Reel Rookie

Hello. None of the troubleshooting tips fixed my problem. My device’s serial number is X02200CL5T36

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @KayB2000,

We appreciate you for your response,

We understand that your remote is experiencing an issue. Let us look into this for you.

Here are some checklists that we want you to verify:

1. Test for visible obstructions.
    • Ensure you can see the front of your Roku device from where you are sitting. Try holding your remote higher (e.g., above your head) and point it downwards at the front of your Roku device. Move the remote to the left and right, ensuring it always points directly at the front of your Roku device. If your Roku device becomes more responsive when testing from various positions, check that no obstructions are blocking the front of your Roku device or the signal from your remote. Move any obstacles that may block the signal, or if possible, move your Roku device to a position where it responds reliably to button presses.
  2. Reseat the batteries.
    • If your Roku device is still not responding to button presses, try removing the batteries from your remote and re-inserting them.
  3. Replace the batteries.
    • If your Roku device continues to be unresponsive to button presses, try replacing the batteries in your remote with fresh, matching batteries.

If you need additional assistance, please keep us posted; we will gladly help.

Regards,

Arjiemar 

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KayB2000
Reel Rookie

Hi. I have tried all of these troubleshooting methods. Nothing is working. Can Roku replace my device?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KayB2000,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We appreciate you for trying to troubleshoot your Roku voice remote. No worries. This has already been forwarded to our Support team. Kindly keep your lines open and check your email from time to time, as they will reach you there for updates. 

If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, feel free to let us know and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so as your satisfaction is what we're aiming for. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maumo
Reel Rookie

I have the same case.  Tried on every single steps to repair, change new battery etc. none of it is working.  I already fill out a form to request a replacement.  No one contact me.  I had this Roku 4k with simple remote control just 5 months and the remote control dead suddenly.  I need a replacement to send out asap for my business use. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Maumo,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about the remote issue that you are experiencing, and we'd love to help you. Please send us a private message so we'll be able to proceed with the necessary steps to address this. To message us, select the name of a user. Once redirected to the profile, select the option "Send this user a private message."
We look forward to you reaching out to us privately.
Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maumo
Reel Rookie

So I did sent you private message 2 days ago and attached the purchase receipt.  How long will someone contact me?  I filled out the replacement form 2 weeks ago, trying to get someone from your company for a replacement within warranty but no one treat it seriously, no one reply any of my message or request.  Is there anyone or department can handle this case?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Maumo,

Thank you for keeping us updated!

Please follow the steps that @RokuEuniceL provided above to further assist you since we will be needing personal information.

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos