Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarmyA
Reel Rookie

Remote compatibility for Roku Express+ 3910 no longer produced

Jump to solution

Is the Simple Remote compatible with my Roku Express+ 3910RW?  I have an analog TV using composite cables on my Sony TV.  Dropped the original remote broke into pieces.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote compatibility for Roku Express+ 3910 no longer produced

Jump to solution

Yes, the simple remote will control the 3910 Express+, but of course no tv controls with Simple Roku IR remote. Only Wifi remotes have to controls. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

makaiguy

Jump to solution

All Rokus controlled by direct line of sight remotes use the same set of IR (infrared) commands.  Today's Simple Remote is the one that controls by IR.  You can get it from the Roku site (https://www.roku.com/products/accessories), for $15, or from many local and online retailers.  You can also use many inexpensive universal IR remotes that contain codes for Roku devices.

Note: Roku TVs use a different set of IR commands and won't work with a Roku streaming device.  Be sure the remote you get says it supports Roku DEVICES (or just "Roku") and not Roku TVs.

For $5 more you can get a point-anywhere Voice Remote that controls by WiFi instead of IR.  It also has buttons to control the tv Power, Volume, and Mute functions.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Yes, the simple remote will control the 3910 Express+, but of course no tv controls with Simple Roku IR remote. Only Wifi remotes have to controls. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy

Jump to solution

All Rokus controlled by direct line of sight remotes use the same set of IR (infrared) commands.  Today's Simple Remote is the one that controls by IR.  You can get it from the Roku site (https://www.roku.com/products/accessories), for $15, or from many local and online retailers.  You can also use many inexpensive universal IR remotes that contain codes for Roku devices.

Note: Roku TVs use a different set of IR commands and won't work with a Roku streaming device.  Be sure the remote you get says it supports Roku DEVICES (or just "Roku") and not Roku TVs.

For $5 more you can get a point-anywhere Voice Remote that controls by WiFi instead of IR.  It also has buttons to control the tv Power, Volume, and Mute functions.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
CarmyA
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Many thanks for that thorough reply.

0 Kudos
CarmyA
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Many thanks for the confirmation.