Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robertjm
Channel Surfer

Remote advancing multiple titles when clicking once

Jump to solution
Driving me nuts.

I've got two different remotes on two different Roku devices when I'll click one of the arrow keys to try and advance titles by one. But, it then advances by 3 or 4 instead. Then, if I click the opposite direction it moves back for the same 3 or 4 titles.

I would normally think it was a stuck remote. But, the thing is it's happening on a Roku Ultra AND a Roku 4k Streaming Stick, using two different remotes.

Not exactly sure whether there was an update at the time this started, or not.
If anybody else is having this problem, were you able to fix it?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
robertjm
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote advancing multiple titles when clicking once

Jump to solution

I did a search earlier. But, didn't find anything so posted my query. Then, when surfing the forum, I found a similar post.

Apparently, doing a System Restart (in the Settings menu), seems to cure the problem. Some people say temporarily. Still, temporarily is better than what was happening earlier. Some channels had become impossible to use.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
robertjm
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote advancing multiple titles when clicking once

Jump to solution

I did a search earlier. But, didn't find anything so posted my query. Then, when surfing the forum, I found a similar post.

Apparently, doing a System Restart (in the Settings menu), seems to cure the problem. Some people say temporarily. Still, temporarily is better than what was happening earlier. Some channels had become impossible to use.

0 Kudos