Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote Voice Feature Error keeps popping up: "Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remote.."

Hi @ThisIsAUsername,

We're delighted to have you here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having issues with your Roku voice remote. We appreciate the precise information you have provided in describing this issue, as well as the steps you have taken in an attempt to fix it.

Please be advised that our team is currently aware of the issue and is undergoing an in-depth investigation regarding it. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Photo of the error message you've been receiving.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ThisIsAUsername
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote Voice Feature Error keeps popping up: "Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remo

Woah, my separate topic got moved into this thread as a post.

I think I shared all that info already aside from Tracker ID, (for the image, check out that Reddit link - my error looked exactly the same as the image on their post), and normally instead of saying this, I would just re-post that info for convenience, but guess what:

IT FIXED ITSELF! 🎉🎉🎉

After a few days of using the new remote even though the mic button didn't work, like just using it for the normal buttons (cuz the new remote feels a little better than the old one), I decided to give the mic button a try again for no reason while I was in the YouTube app... and it freakin worked!!! Then I tried it on the Roku Home screen, and it works there too!

I checked in the about page and all the info there is the same, no new software update, the TV hasn't even been restarted - the Uptime says it's been on since then (I think I have the setting enabled for fast start or whatever it's called that keeps the TV "on" even when the screen is off)

...Woohoo!!

So for others who may be looking at this in the future: Maybe try using it for a week, just as a normal non-voice remote, and then, try to use the mic button inside an app.. Worked for me!

0 Kudos
FJB2020
Streaming Star

Re: Remote Voice Feature Error keeps popping up: "Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remo

My ROKU ultra is still under warranty. This remote is junk. The pop ups on my tv screen have never stopped. I turned off voice activation so I won’t get tv screen pop ups but they still appear non stop and ROKU has done absolutely zero about this issue even though multiple people are experiencing the problem. No recall and no admittance that the remotes are inferior. ROKU should be ashamed. 

0 Kudos
FJB2020
Streaming Star

ROKU please do a total recall on your **bleep** voice activated remotes. I can’t stand the pop ups on my tv screen. You fix nothing. You have an employee overseas go through the same exact questions every time. Your remotes don’t work. It’s not ALEXA. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, @FJB2020.

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused your streaming. We completely understand your sentiments regarding this matter.

Please be informed that the appropriate team is fully aware of the randomly pop-up battery notification and is determining the cause. In the meantime, the team is finding you the best resolution for this, and since you are experiencing the same thing, we'd be more than willing to include your device in the correction process. 

With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Furthermore, could you please provide us with more details about the issues you are currently experiencing with your Roku remote? We'd like to further assist you with this.

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you resolve this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JackAward
Channel Surfer

If you're encountering an error message stating "Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remote" in relation to a remote voice feature, it suggests an issue with the audio transmission between devices. Here's how you can troubleshoot this problem:

1. **Check Network Connection:**
- Ensure that both devices (the one you're trying to transmit audio from and the remote device) are connected to the same network. A stable and strong network connection is essential for transmitting audio reliably.

2. **Restart Devices:**
- Restart both the device you're using to transmit audio and the remote device. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary software glitches or connectivity issues.

3. **Check Permissions:**
- Verify that the necessary permissions are granted for the application or service you're using to transmit audio. This includes permissions related to microphone access, network access, and any other relevant permissions.

4. **Update Software:**
- Ensure that the software or application you're using is up to date. Check for any available updates and install them if necessary. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can help resolve issues with audio transmission.

5. **Verify Audio Settings:**
- Double-check the audio settings on both devices to ensure that the correct input/output devices are selected for audio transmission. Make sure that the microphone and speakers/headphones are properly connected and configured.

6. **Test with Different Applications:**
- If possible, try using a different application or service for audio transmission to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is specific to a particular application or if it's a broader issue with audio transmission.

7. **Check Firewall/Antivirus Settings:**
- Firewalls or antivirus software on either device may block audio transmission. Check the settings of your firewall or antivirus software to ensure that they are not blocking the necessary ports or protocols for audio transmission.

8. **Contact Support:**
- If the issue persists after trying the above steps, consider reaching out to the support team of the application or service you're using for audio transmission. They may be able to provide further assistance or troubleshooting steps specific to their platform.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the error message related to audio transmission in your remote voice feature.

0 Kudos
FJB2020
Streaming Star

This is still popping up on my screen every day and you should by now admit that you have a defective remote control.If I turn it off I get messages and when it’s on I get notifications. I showed you a picture when you asked for it and 5 months later it still is occurring and ROKU still doesn’t acknowledge the flawed remote controls 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @FJB2020.

Thanks for keeping us posted and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused your streaming. 

In this case, allow us to coordinate this with our Support team. Kindly meet us through Private Message as we will be collecting further personal information from you such as the email address associated with your Roku account and more. 

Your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos