Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnklem

Re: Remote Right arrow button

I just purchased a new Roku because the right arrow button has to be pressed really hard in order to work at all. I really enjoy the Roku products I have ( three in all ). Please send a replacement remote. The model # on the remote is RC-GZ1. E-mail: cnklem@comcast.net

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @cnklem,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with your Roku remote since the right arrow button is not functioning well. We're happy to help you. Please follow these troubleshooting steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & Devices.
  4. Select Remote.
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

If the issue still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mckim

My remote needs to be replaced. I have tried all suggestions to fix it but it doesn’t work. I need a replacement but can’t find how to return it on the ROKU WEBSITE.

THE SERIAL NUMBER IS SOHAK2CTYEN9.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Mckim,

It is our pleasure to welcome you here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about your Roku remote. We're pleased to assist.

If you believe your Roku product is malfunctioning or wish to return your order for a refund, you must first request a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. Before you submit a refund or replacement request, it is essential to understand the process details described in this article. Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Christi56
Channel Surfer

I would gladly send you the remote. But I need a replacement first. Please send a replacement with a return shipping label for the current one.

thank you

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Christi56

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We'd like to assist you with this, and we'll need additional information. Could you please check your inbox here in the Roku Community? We've sent you a PM for this to be sorted out.

We hope we'll have an engaging conversation.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Christi56
Channel Surfer

Where did you send message

0 Kudos
Jrk0584
Reel Rookie

I too just bought the 4k streaming stick and the remote works great except the right arrow. Push so hard my fingers hurt. It is less than a month old and purchased at Home Depot. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Christi56,

You can check PM messages right above your profile here in the Roku Community.

One of our Moderator @RokuTakashi sent you a message about this.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jrk0584,

Welcome, and thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to help you out with this. Could you tell us if this issue happens upon activation of your device, or has this issue happened recently?

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos