Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SK-Pete
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote OK button now jumps to last channel

Jump to solution

OK, now a second TV (Roku Ultra) has been enabled.  A big message was displayed first time indicating that the "Last Channel" feature is now enabled. So it looks like they are going box by box.  I have not had an issue yet, but my wife must be holding it down a bit too long sometimes because it jumps from her recorded show to a last channel.  Then you cannot jump back into the recorded show, only the live show on that same channel.  She is pissed and is making me complain to YouTubeTv again.  I want the ability to disable that feature from my setting on YouTubeTv.com.

0 Kudos
Ohioborn
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I now have the last channel button on all my TV’s. Personally I love it, it was one of the main things I missed when I switched from Directv to YouTube TV. 

0 Kudos
BrandiWinters34
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Can you help me with this issue I cannot figure out or find anyone saying how to disable or fix it I am begging on my knees 

0 Kudos
SK-Pete
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@BrandiWinters34 You are out of luck, this is a YouTube feature and they don't have a disable setting available that I know of.  Open YouTubeTV on your computer and submit a  "ticket".  Ask them to do two things:

1) allow an enable/disable setting in their settings menu

2) increase the delay before it changes.  

Practice quickly touching the OK button and also pressing it down for a longer time so you can better feel the difference.  Your only real hope is to not hold down the OK button too long.  Sorry.  

0 Kudos
BrandiWinters34
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you! I appreciate the response! 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This feature just enabled on one of my Rokus.  The quickest press still causes a channel change.  In addition,  Once paused. hitting trhe play/pause button does nothing.  In other words There is no way to unpause a show!!! 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @kevinsickles.

Thank you for informing us about the issues you are currently experiencing with your Roku remote. We're here to look closely into this matter. 

We'd like to assess your concern better so we can provide you with an accurate resolution. With this being said, kindly let us know the following:

• What specific Roku player are you having this issue with?
  • Is this the remote that comes with that Roku player, or was this purchased separately?
  • Which specific channels are affected by this? 
  • Does performing a system reboot resolve this? Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart

In the meantime, you can try to reset your remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, repair it again to see if this will make any difference.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming. We'll be anticipating your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SK-Pete
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@kevinsickles I think both your problems are related to YouTubeTV (YTT) (please verify that is what you were using).

Jump Back: This happened to me in the beginning and I complained to YTT,  It seemed later releases solved the problem, but apparently not for you.  Try practicing different button pushing techniques and see if you can figure out a fix.  This does really stink, especially when it jumps you out of a recording and won't jump back.  

Unpause: this is a relatively new bug for me too.  The workaround is to click the purple "left" button to go back one hop and then the pause/play works.  Please submit a complaint to YTT and I will too.

Roku Staff: These both happened or are happening to me on two different Roku Ultra boxes and Roku remotes.  I have 3 models of remotes, they all have the same pause/unpause problem so I am sure it is YTT.