Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote OK button now jumps to last channel

Jump to solution

Hi @Briguybcc,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku remote. No worries; help is here. Please try the steps below.

1. Press Home on your Roku voice remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & Devices.
  4. Select Remote.
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

Tell us how it goes, and we'll be here to help you even more.

Best wishes,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Briguybcc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did you read any of my post before pasting in your response?  The remote is set up and working fine.  My issue is the inconsistency in the OK button on YouTube TV.

0 Kudos
SK-Pete
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Briguybcc , I do not know how to make a change.  Since mine was "super-sensitive" and jumped back when unwanted, I contacted YouTubeTv and complained (via help chat).  It magically went away one day.  I think they were doing secret beta tests, but I don't know how they can push it to one of my TVs and not the other. Or, maybe next time I recharge my remote, the signal will be strong and cause it again.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Briguybcc,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We're sorry for the confusion, and we will be more than happy to assist you further. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates. Try again to launch the channel and see if the issue still exists.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Briguybcc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response.  Oddly enough on the TV where it works now, it was doing channel return, then for a few days back to pause, now just recently back to channel return.  You may be correct in some secret testing, just odd that it works on one TV and not the other when it is all the same YouTube TV account.  

I will try there help as well to see if magically works on all my Roku devices.

0 Kudos
Briguybcc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did update the app and same issue.  I will try to work this out with YouTube

0 Kudos
Ohioborn
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The only explanation I can figure out is it the TV itself. I changed remotes and it still works on my #Phillips Roku TV only. I have other Roku TV’s that it does not work on. I also have the Roku stick and it doesn’t work either.

0 Kudos
Briguybcc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The YouTube TV support stated that is actively being rolled out and it is not account specific.  They did say it is account & device type - however this still did not make sense since for me they are all Roku Ultras.  Anyway, guess just a matter of time before they all have it.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The tv in one of my rooms promoted me with an on screen note to now use the OK button for last channel! And it worked if I held the button down for a long second. 
I just tried it on another tv where I have another Roku and it diet not work! I checked and my software is up to date.

anyone know why one works and one does not?

0 Kudos
SK-Pete
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Billtvremote I suspect that YouTubeTV must know the ID of your Roku boxes and they are doing a beta rollout on some of them.  That way if they screw something up, they know you can go to the other TV until you complain and they fix it.  My experience was that it was on a single Roku box and when I complained, the feature went away.

0 Kudos