Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ohioborn
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote OK button now jumps to last channel

Jump to solution

No I have not, because truthfully, I really like that feature. That was one of my top complaints when I switched to YouTube TV that it did not have a last channel button. I’m actually hoping that all the Roku devices will eventually have that or a similar feature. 

0 Kudos
SK-Pete
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

For me it is only YouTube TV and, as noted, their support team confirm that they are working on a "Last Channel" feature.  Removing the YouTubeTV app and reinstalling did NOT help.  Rebooting the Roku box did NOT help.  This problem only occurs on my newest remote, the one that has a rechargeable battery.  I am wondering if the OK button on that new remote has 2 codes: one to tell Roku to pass along a pause, and one code that says "the user held down the Ok button for 1 second so pass along a last-channel code".  That could explain why a less than 1 second press could cause a bad code and this undesired action. 

I have not tried syncing this new remote with a different box, but maybe I will.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ohioborn @SK-Pete,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing. Could you send us a photo or video of your running problem?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ohioborn
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update, please let me know if you learn anything additional. Again, I am hoping that this feature with become available on all my devices. 

0 Kudos
Cloud956
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a built-in Roku in my TCL television and the go back button works on that. I also have a streaming stick Roku hooked up to my Sony TV but it does not have that feature when I try it with the streaming stick is that any solution

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Cloud956

Sending you a warm welcome from everyone in the Roku Community.

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we'd like to gather more details for us to further understand your concern. May we know what kind of feature are you referring to? Is this within the Roku device that is connected to your Sony TV or the Roku remote?

With more details, we'll be able to assist you further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cloud956
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It’s a Samsung tv with a Roku streaming stick. My other tv is tcl with built in Roku and the go back works on it. 

0 Kudos
Cloud956
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

it’s a Sony TV with the streaming stick the go back feature doesn’t work. It does work on my TCL television with the built-in Roku is that function not available on the streaming stick

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Cloud956

Thanks for the response.

We've sent you a private message regarding the concern you've mentioned with us. Kindly check your inbox by navigating to the upper right corner with the "mail" icon on your web browser since we've reached you from there.

We look forward to your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Briguybcc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  I have 2 Roku ultras both with the rechargeable remote (both purchased in the past two months).  A long press of the OK button on one TV will go to the last channel which I like, while on the other it pauses.  I don’t understand why the two would behave differently.  Any ways to fix this?

0 Kudos