Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohan0781
Reel Rookie

Remote Control for Roku Streaming Stick Model RC118

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I have been using Roku Streaming Stick, Model RC118 and now from last couple of weeks the button to scroll down is not working. Therefore, could you please let me know which remote control from Accessories section I can buy as a replacement for my RC118 model ?

Thank You.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote Control for Roku Streaming Stick Model RC118

Jump to solution

Streaming Stick models are normally used behind the TV set where they can't be reached by direct line of sight infrared (IR) signals from a remote. As a result they are not equipped with an IR receiver and must be controlled by a remote that communicates by radio frequencies (RF)..  Any Roku "Voice Remote" will pair with and control any Streaming Stick model except the long-discontinued and no-longer-supported models 3400 and 3500.

You can also use the Roku official remote control app on an Android or iOS cell phone connected to the same local network as the Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Streaming Stick models are normally used behind the TV set where they can't be reached by direct line of sight infrared (IR) signals from a remote. As a result they are not equipped with an IR receiver and must be controlled by a remote that communicates by radio frequencies (RF)..  Any Roku "Voice Remote" will pair with and control any Streaming Stick model except the long-discontinued and no-longer-supported models 3400 and 3500.

You can also use the Roku official remote control app on an Android or iOS cell phone connected to the same local network as the Roku.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

renojim

Jump to solution

RC118 isn't a Roku device model number and as far as I can tell isn't a Roku remote model number either.  What's the model number of your Roku device printed on it somewhere?  If you can get there, you can also find the model number displayed under Settings->System->About.  You should be able to use the Roku app on a phone or tablet as a remote.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mohan0781
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, thank you for highlighting this. I checked in the back side of the remote control and found that the Model is RC80. 

Therefore, could you please help me to know if any Roku "Voice Remote" will work as replacement for my existing remote control ?

Thanks & Regards

Chandan

0 Kudos
mohan0781
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your advice.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

RC80 is the same RF remote control that came with my Streaming Stick 3600.  I am now using a $19.99 Voice Remote paired to the Streaming Stick 3600, in order to get the tv power, volume, and mute buttons on the Voice Remote.

The early Streaming Sticks that a Voice Remote will NOT work with were purple in color.  As long as your Streaming Stick has a black case, it will work with any of the Voice Remotes..

0 Kudos