Remotes

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Connecting to Everything

My roku remote has started connecting to my computers soundbar system and my tv at the same time.  Whenever I press left or right on the remote, it increases/decreases volume on my soundbar.  My soundbar isn't wven on Bluetooth mode, so I'm at a loss.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote Connecting to Everything

Roku remotes don't control devices via bluetooth. Try turning of the 1-touch play in the roku settings:

settings> system> control other devices> uncheck 1-touch play box

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I checked the settings and the box was unchecked.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Then if your roku remote is IR remote, its IR protocol just conflicts with your other devices, it has happened all throughout the history of IR remotes. You can buy wifi roku remote, abandon the use of your IR roku remote, no more conflicts. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MilesT
Level 14

Exception that tests the rule..some versions of Tivo IR remote could be set up to limit the remote to a specific TiVo, so you could have more than one TiVo in the same room.  I had one of these in the UK in the few years that TiVo was available standalone (rather than bundled into Virgin cable service at a eyewatering monthly cost).

But otherwise I agree with what you say about IR remotes, above was a rare consumer exception.  

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos