Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ancinda

Remote Buttons Mapping to Wrong Function

I have a newer ( less than a year) ROKU ULTRA and it's doing the same thing I've got the newest firmware/software updates and have done every type of reset. Sometimes the remote maps correctly and often it doesn't. Also the power button and pause button (when they work correctly) revert on their own! I turn it off and it turns itself back on or I start a video by pressing "play" and it paused itself a few minutes after starting. You need to fix this problem! It's obvious that this is not operator error this is YOUR EQUIPMENT. Stop gaslighting your customers and fix your mess while being accountable! Telling people to buy more equipment without resolution is flat out fraudulent business practices. Since I have 2 new units that are both performing in this manner it's clearly a manufacturer failure!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote Buttons Mapping to Wrong Function

Hi @Ancinda,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the Roku remote. We're happy to help you. Please try to unplug both of your Roku Ultra and TV for 3 to 5 minutes, then re-plug them back again.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos