Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FJB2020
Streaming Star

Re: Voice command feature on Roku Ultra remote not working

I bought mg third ROKU and chose  the Ultra. Handless voice control is a total disaster. Works fine when pressing the microphone button but handless absolutely zero response. This is not worth the $85 dollar upgrade. 😡👎

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @FJB2020

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we'd be more than glad to assist. As a start, let's troubleshoot this by following the steps below.

Re-pair your voice remote to your streaming device

Put your streaming device in pairing mode:

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cable
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on, and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen
  5. Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode

Put your voice remote in pairing mode:

1. Press and hold the pairing button on your voice remote for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, stop, and then flash rapidly. When this happens, release the pairing button and your remote will restart.
  2. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash. If the light does not flash, charge your remote.
  3. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

After this, kindly check if you notice any improvements to your Roku device.

Please let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FJB2020
Streaming Star

ROKU is sending a new remote since mine is only 3 days old. I don’t think my remote is broken I think it is an inferior product. We shall see. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @FJB2020,

Thanks for the response!

We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. Since the replacement of your Roku remote has been processed, please don't hesitate to keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Just to be sure...

The only remote which supports hands free voice commands is the rechargeable Voice Remote Pro.  The most recent Ultra 4802R comes with this remote, I'm not sure about previous Ultra models.

This remote has a slide switch on the left side above the earphone jack that turns the hands free feature on and off.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
FJB2020
Streaming Star

Yes that is what I bought. It’s a nightmare. 4  people on the phone for who knows how long and zero. 😡

0 Kudos
FJB2020
Streaming Star

Last comment from me. Another phone call and after 3 days of madness they tell me that it is my internet provider not the ROKU. Why not say that on the first call ? Hours wasted. 😡My last comment on this issue is I see many people here bought a voice activated Roku and have the same issue. Not sure why it took hours and endless phone contact. 

0 Kudos