Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cvtw99

Re: Can I pair my roku remote to my vizio soundbar?

My Vizio soundbar is connected via optical cable.  I easily programmed a TCL Roku TV IR remote with it.  But I have a Roku Voice Remote, the kind you don't have to aim at the device, and it will not program that.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Can I pair my roku remote to my vizio soundbar?

Hi @Cvtw99

Thanks for your first post here in Roku Community. 

We certainly understand that you want to use a Roku Voice Remote to control the soundbar connected to your TV via optical cable. 

The Roku Voice Remote cannot directly control other devices connected to your TV, such as an audio/video receiver (AVR) or soundbar. However, your TV may be able to issue volume commands to your AVR or soundbar using a technology called HDMI-CEC. 

In these cases, your Roku voice remote can indirectly control the volume of your AVR or soundbar. For this to work, all your devices must be connected via HDMI, and all devices must support HDMI-CEC and have this feature enabled. To learn if your TV, AVR, or soundbar supports this technology refer to the documentation for each device.

You can see more here: How to set up your Roku voice remote to control your TV

Hope this clarifies the problem you are seeing with setting up the Roku Voice Remote. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos