Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrschwarz
Reel Rookie

RF Remote that can be programmed for an AV Reciever

So...I just got a Roku Ultra to try. My TV setup runs through an HDMI matrix, so my AV receiver and TV have no connection. The TV is just a monitor. Sound is only controlled by the AV Receiver. Imagine my surprise when I learned that Roku doesn't acknowledge the existence of AV receivers.

I have long given up on CEC and ARC. Neither of them are easy or reliable for my application. Can anyone recommend an aftermarket remote that can use RF to control the Ultra, and programmable IR buttons to control the AV Receiver and HDMI matrix?

Failing that, I guess I can return the Ultra and stick with my Google TV device.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: RF Remote that can be programmed for an AV Reciever

@mrschwarz 

See this post at Remote Central;

RC: Roku Ultra w/ Receivers (Post 9 by edmund) (remotecentral.com)

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mrschwarz
Reel Rookie

Thanks. It didn't work, though. I'll keep messing with it.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @mrschwarz

Welcome to the Roku Community!

One option for an aftermarket remote that can use RF to control the Roku Ultra and programmable IR buttons to control the AV receiver and HDMI matrix is the Logitech Harmony Companion remote.

The Logitech Harmony Companion is a universal remote that can control up to eight devices, including the Roku Ultra, AV receiver, and HDMI matrix. It uses RF technology to communicate with the included Harmony Hub, which can be placed inside a cabinet or other hidden location. The remote also has programmable IR buttons, which can be customized using the Logitech Harmony app.

The Logitech Harmony Companion remote also has additional features, such as voice control, smartphone app control, and the ability to create custom activities that control multiple devices with a single button press. It is compatible with thousands of devices from various brands, making it a versatile option for controlling your home entertainment system.

Other aftermarket remotes that can be considered include the Inteset INT-422 4-in-1 Universal RF Remote, the BroadLink RM4 Pro Universal Remote, and the Sevenhugs Smart Remote X. However, they may not offer the same level of customization and compatibility as the Logitech Harmony Companion.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Try switching ff where rew is, and rew where ff is. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos