Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EGCPANDA1990
Reel Rookie

Remote doesn't work, frozen on Home Screen

my roku remote doesn't work, i have bought new batteries, i have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in but the result is the same, is there a solution to this problem that i am not aware of if so please  assist me please and thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote doesn't work, frozen on Home Screen

We appreciate you reaching us here in the Roku Community, @EGCPANDA1990!

Thanks for letting us know. We will find the best solution to get your Roku remote working again.

Before proceeding, could you tell us what specific remote you are having this issue with? Our support article can help you Identify your remote. Also, is this the remote that comes with your Roku player?

Furthermore, if there are still blinking lights when you press any buttons on your remote, we can reset it by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again to see if this will make any difference. 

Keep us posted on how it goes so we can continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EGCPANDA1990
Reel Rookie

I apprecaite you taking the time to reply and I apologize for my delayed response but I have decided to give up on the roku device it was given to me and I will be buying a nice entertainment system where the rokue will not be needed so I am thankful but I will not be needing your support anymore

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @EGCPANDA1990.

We appreciate your time with us and we respect your decision. We're glad to know that you've been part of the Roku family. 

For your future reference, feel free to visit our website at any time to check out the latest Roku players. In the meantime, we wish you nothing but the best.

Sincerely,
The Roku Community

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.