Remotes

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emherron1
Level 7

RC-ALC Remote Control Draining batteries

My remote is draining batteries after a day. I have read thru the support and do not see a solution. I don't want to have to replace our Roku's for Firesticks, but at this point i cant continue to afford new batteries every day!! Please help.

7 REPLIES 7
Belinda2
Level 8

Re: RC-ALC Remote Control Draining batteries

I’m glad you posted this.  I’m using the Roku mobile app to act as a remote for my streaming stick.  It’s not ideal but I ran out of AAA batteries so it works.  I also have a model 3810.  I’m reading the countless posts and it seems the only solution is to buy a new streaming stick.  Thankfully Black Friday has sales for $30 for brand new.  Hope the remote lasts once I set up the new stick.

emherron1
Level 7

Im going thru the online stores now trying to find the best black friday deal. 🙂 Its unfortunate Roku doesnt have a support staff available to help with these issues!

0 Kudos
Belinda2
Level 8

Try Target.  I bought mine last night at Target for $30

0 Kudos
Mnish
Level 7

I have 7 Roku ‘s set up.  I have to replace batteries constantly in all of them.  Some are guest rooms and not even used, and the batteries still die.  
buying new streaming sticks cannot be the only solution. 
@zroku 

is there a process to be reimbursed for the faulty sticks /remotes.   

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Mnish

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial numbers of your Roku devices from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cwilson9205
Level 7

Hello, I have a 4660X Roku Ultra and the the batteries in my remote are repeatedly drained in one week.  Is there any way to get a replacement?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Shill3591
Level 7

I’m having the same issue with batteries dying about every 2 weeks. My device serial number is 

X010004RHTHC

0 Kudos