Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlebNevus
Reel Rookie

Problem with the back button

When I press it during viewing, the back button on my Roku Streaming Stick remote rewinds whatever I'm watching by a specified interval - e.g., 10 or 30 seconds.  Suddenly, though, it's functioning instead as a reverse button: The movie keeps rewinding until I hit stop.  I assumed this was because of a setting on the streaming platform I had just started using, but now I see that it's happening on more than one platform, which hadn't been the case before.  Is it likely a defect with the remote? Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Problem with the back button

Hi @BlebNevus,

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. We want to offer assistance.

According to the details you provided, It could be that the remote may be the problem rather than the actual device, but we want to be sure. In light of the foregoing, may we determine if the problem affected all of your channels? If not, would you mind mentioning the affected channels? Additionally, the back button on your remote should be checked to see if it is stuck, as this might also be the source of the issue.

With more details, we'd be of help. Please keep us informed.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BlebNevus
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your reply.  I subscribe to only two streaming services (AppleTV + HBO-Max), and the issue now affects both of them. But I tried watching something on a free platform and, sure enough, the back button works as intended.  Unfortunately, neither Apple nor Max has a setting to allow users to specify what a remote's back button will do while watching their programming.  But I guess I've established that the problem isn't with the remote.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BlebNevus,

Thanks for keeping us posted and providing us with additional information.

This seems to be a design issue by the channel itself. We suggest contacting the channel's support that is affected by the rewind feature issue and inquiring further about this so an update from their end will be able to address this.

We hope to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you contacting us.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos