Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous channel button not working

Why won’t my previous channel button not work on my brand new Roku  remote control 

28 REPLIES 28
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Previous channel button not working

@583

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Which specific button are you pressing?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@583-

Is this an actual Roku remote, or is it a third party universal remote?

I don't think I've ever seen a Roku remote with a Previous Channel button, but they are common on universal remotes.  To my knowledge, Rokus have no Previous Channel function for such a button on a third party remote to activate.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
WTH1

Just passing along to the comment that you have never seen a Roku remote with a previous channel button. I have purchased during this last year, four Roku remotes, three streaming sticks plus an Express 4K and ALL remotes contained with the units had a Previous Channel button. Currently, for me at least, using the Express 4K, the previous channel button does NOT function what so ever. So, unfortunately, it is a continuing issue that has yet to be answered. I am still attempting to garner an answer. Thus far, nothing is resolved and I am beginning to believe Roku does not really wish to resolve the issue. Bur, that indeed may be just my frustration at continuing issue problems with Roku.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@WTH1, here's the current simple remote that has the same buttons as the voice remotes.  Which of these buttons do you believe is a dedicated "previous channel" button because I can tell you that none of them are?

remote.png

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Ponpen

I have 2 Streaming Sticks and a Roku TV.  I cannot get one of the Sticks to use the Reverse button for Previous Channel on Live TV.  Any solutions?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Ponpen

Thanks for the post.

What specific Roku models are you Roku Streaming Sticks? What OS are each of these Roku devices currently running? What specific button are you using to try to go back to the previous channel?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
vineyardtx
Reel Rookie

It's the instant replay button. My 1st Roku remote,if I pressed the instant replay button it would go back to the previous channel. My new one, with a mute button, doesn't do instant replay or previous channel 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @vineyardtx

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Please be aware that some channels have different button functionalities. Could you tell us what channel you are seeing this issue with? 

With more detailed information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
vineyardtx
Reel Rookie

Hello, 

It doesn't matter what chanel I am on. It happens with any channels.

Thsnk you