Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dallasxanadu
Streaming Star

Re: Power, volume, and mute buttons suddenly stopped working on rechargeable voice remote

I had a battery operated remote for my Roku stick, and one day the volume and mute buttons just started working very sporadically. There was no rhyme no reason to when they would work and when they wouldn't. I finally just gave up and bought a new rechargeable remote. After about 6 months, it started doing the same exact thing. I think they're just very poorly made.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Power, volume, and mute buttons suddenly stopped working on rechargeable voice remote

Hi @dallasxanadu,

We're happy to have you here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with your Roku remote's mute and volume buttons that work sporadically. We're happy to assist.

Can you confirm if only the mute and volume buttons have issues with your remote? How about the other buttons? Also, could you elaborate on the steps you have taken so far? Have you tried changing the batteries and re-pairing the remote to the TV?

With more details, we'll be able to assess this one thoroughly. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dallasxanadu
Streaming Star

It's only those three buttons on the right side of the remote. This rechargeable remote replaced a battery operated one that came with my Roku stick a few years ago. That remote had the exact same problem. It works about 40% of the time, about 60% of the time none of those three buttons work. 

System info in link below.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuXx5b-o3JiUkYEusPzDMbV6GAt3MQ

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@dallasxanadu,

Thanks for the update!

We'd like to know if you see this behavior coming up if you charge the remote overnight or while plugged in.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
2Lancet

I have the same problem, and I've tried with two different Roku players. Roku needs to fix this.

0 Kudos
dallasxanadu
Streaming Star

Those 3 buttons are hit or miss regardless of how fully charged the remote is or isn't. And it seems to be way more miss than hit recently. It was the same way when I had a non-rechargeable remote with brand new batteries. It's clearly a mechanical issue of some sort, as none of the solutions I've been offered would likely fix a problem that only happens sporadically. These are Roku brand remotes, not some third-party knockoff. Very disappointing.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @2Lancet @dallasxanadu,

From the Roku Community, welcome and thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with your Roku remote. Please follow the steps below.

1. Press Home on your Roku voice remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & Devices.
  4. Select Remote.
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos