Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CWJardine
Binge Watcher

Re: Power, volume, and mute buttons suddenly stopped working on rechargeable voice remote

Thanks for your help with this!  I know I'm not the only one with this problem so it would be great to get it solved.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Power, volume, and mute buttons suddenly stopped working on rechargeable voice remote

We appreciate your cooperation and report with this as well.

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I'll keep you posted! Thanks!

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Just wanted to drop some updates! I just wanted to confirm if the remote is already paired back with the device right?

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CWJardine
Binge Watcher

I've tried several times to re-pair the remote with the device/TV.  Every time it just tries one code, which doesn't work, then it says "Sorry this remote can't be paired" or maybe it says specifically that it can't be paired for volume & power.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@CWJardine,

Thanks for the update!

Please perform a power cycle on your device by unplugging it and then resting it for at least 10-15 minutes then try to repair it again to see if that helps.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CWJardine
Binge Watcher

I've done that but not for 15 minutes.  I'll try it. So far I've unplugged it and waited and then plugged it in again; tried pairing the remote MANY times, restarted the system, everything I can think of.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@CWJardine,

Thanks for your prompt response! 

I'll forward an update again to the team and make sure to flag you back here.

Thank for you your cooperation and for your patience.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CWJardine
Binge Watcher

So I disconnected the device and left it unplugged for about 20 minutes.  Re-connected it and curiously the remote worked ONCE to turn it on but then wouldn't turn it off.  Then the power button didn't work at all, nor did the mute & volume buttons.  So I'm back where I started...still using the TV's remote for those functions.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@CWJardine,

Sorry for the late response!

I sent you another PM for further assistance regarding this.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos