Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Power, volume, and mute buttons suddenly stopped working on rechargeable voice remote

@CWJardine,

Thanks for the update!

I've sent you a PM for further assistance about this.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Power, volume, and mute buttons suddenly stopped working on rechargeable voice remote

Thanks! Our team provided an update about this and would like to provide a new troubleshooting about this.

Restart remote

1. Plug the remote into power.
  2. Hold down the pairing button for 20 seconds (during holding down the remote light will start to flash. Keep holding and at the 20-second mark the light will turn off. The remote will then restart)
  3. See if the reported issue still occurs.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CWJardine
Binge Watcher

Do you mean I should connect the remote to my laptop for charging?  I can't really plug it into power.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Do you have your remote right now?

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We can use it and then yes try to do the steps then let me know if that helps.

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CWJardine
Binge Watcher

ok, I connected the remote to my laptop with its charging cord.  I held the button down and the green light started blinking, then eventually stopped.  I'm not sure if the remote restarted; I'm not sure how to tell.  But the green light stopped.  Still getting no response from power, mute, or volume buttons.

0 Kudos
CWJardine
Binge Watcher

Yes, I'm sitting near the remote now.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for trying! So the rest of the buttons are working but not the power, mute, and volume buttons right?

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CWJardine
Binge Watcher

Correct.  The Home button works, the arrows work, and the buttons on the remote for specific streaming services work.  The play/pause button works.  And a week ago EVERYTHING worked fine.  Just suddenly a few days ago the volume, power, and mute buttons stopped working.  I have to use the TV's remote for those things.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I'll get back to the team about this. Thanks!

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos