Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Button is only remote button NOT working

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with the Roku on a Bang and Olufson TV.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Power Button is only remote button NOT working [SOLUTION]

Jump to solution

@chuckyeggtaylor-

Your TV brand may have several control groupings for different models.  Try setting the Roku up for your TV again, this time lie when the music stops the first time so that it continues on to the next set.  Repeat until you find a set that controls the power as well as volume.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @chuckyeggtaylor,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku remote since the power on and off button is not working. We're happy to assist you further. Please try the steps below.

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & Devices.
  4. Select Remote.
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@chuckyeggtaylor-

Your TV brand may have several control groupings for different models.  Try setting the Roku up for your TV again, this time lie when the music stops the first time so that it continues on to the next set.  Repeat until you find a set that controls the power as well as volume.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
akunze

Jump to solution

I went through the steps the Roku person told us to do and it still isn't working. The voice command works, but that button is now useless. One day it worked, and the next day it didn't. Has anyone gotten an actual solution that works yet? I've got a Samsung tv.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @akunze!

Thank you for reporting that your Power button on the remote is unresponsive. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution for this. 

Before we proceed, may we know in what specific Roku player this was connected to? Also, can you please confirm if this is the remote that comes with that device? 

In the meantime, we highly recommend pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds to reset it. After doing so, re-pair it again to see if this will make any difference. 

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos