Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeP304

Play/Pause button no longer working to return to previous live show in Youtube TV

Until a few days ago in Youtube TV going from watching a live show to the live guide, I was able to return to the live show by double clicking the play/ pause button on the Roku remote which is no longer working. Any idea why Roku disabled this function

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Play/Pause button no longer working to return to previous live show in Youtube TV

Roku has nothing to do with how Youtube functions.  You'd have to ask Google/Youtube.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ER4

Re: Play/Pause button no longer working to return to previous live show in Youtube TV

This exact thing started happening to me within a couple weeks.  If you switch to the guide, you can't get back the the show playing in the background by hitting play/pause twice. Does anyone know why this is happening?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

All Roku can do is pass your key presses to the YouTube TV app.  What the app does with them is up to however YouTube programmed the app.

YouTube is notorious for constant tinkering with their code and breaking things on one streaming platform or another (Roku, firestick, chromecast, whatever).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos