Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dandoc57
Reel Rookie

Pairing separate 3810R remotes individually to 2 Samsung TVs in the same room

Jump to solution

I have 2 Samsung TV's a 2011 non smart 46 inch 1080 model and a new QLED 50 inch 4K model. I also purchased a 3810 Roku when i got the QLED last month so I could get the sunday ticket. I paired the remote at setup and everything worked great except it still powered the 2011 Samsung on/off etc. Today I installed a separate 3810R on the 2011 Samsung and paired it at setup. Now each Roku remote controls both TVs. I want them to be independent of each other. Any help is much appreciated. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Pairing separate 3810R remotes individually to 2 Samsung TVs in the same room

Jump to solution

Sorry but the roku controls the tv volume by IR, and each samsung responds to the same IR commands, nothing roku can do about that. There used to be able to switch from using IR to cec via secret menu, I don't think it works any longer. If you were able to switch to cec then it would be wifi from the remote to the roku, and then cec over the hdmi connector to the tv. No IR and so no conflicts. The roku would only control the tv its attached to. 

Home 5x, FF, PP, RW, PP, FF/RF Remote Menu/IR Transmit Menu

PP is play/pause

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Pairing separate 3810R remotes individually to 2 Samsung TVs in the same room

Jump to solution

Sorry but the roku controls the tv volume by IR, and each samsung responds to the same IR commands, nothing roku can do about that. There used to be able to switch from using IR to cec via secret menu, I don't think it works any longer. If you were able to switch to cec then it would be wifi from the remote to the roku, and then cec over the hdmi connector to the tv. No IR and so no conflicts. The roku would only control the tv its attached to. 

Home 5x, FF, PP, RW, PP, FF/RF Remote Menu/IR Transmit Menu

PP is play/pause

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
dandoc57
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I put black electrical tape on the IR emitter on both Roku's. so i have to the tv remotes for on off volume. the qled tv remote had been paired to that tv. that is good but i cant find anything on how to pair remote on old samsung un46eh5000 non-smart tv (2011) so it turns the gled on and off.

0 Kudos