Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaminJared

Pairing Streambar to a Roku TV, Remote not working

So i have this roku streambar which was connected to an older tv without any smart features. I just recently moved so we got this roku tv and thats been what we were using, i finally decided to hookup the streambar so we can at least get that better sound, my tv took me through the walkthrough for setting up the streambar and everything went well, its now working for sound but i want to use the streambar for the streaming too (as the roku system in the tv is a little slow). My problem now is that when i was setting up the streambar it walked me through setting up the newer voice remote so now that remote is connected to my tv and when i go and select the input for the streambar neither the old remote or new one (the one that came with the streambar) is working to control the streambar. it gives me the message to control from my phone. 

I’ve been at this for like over an hour ago, i’ve already tried resetting the streambar and the whole tv and setting everything back up again but i have no idea what to do. it just seems like now that the remote is connected to the tv there’s no way i can link it back to the streambar

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Pairing Streambar to a Roku TV, Remote not working

So, you paired the streambar remote to your Roku tv leaving you with no remote that actually controls the streambar. Unplug the power for Roku tv, now press and hold the pairing button on the Streambar remote for 5 seconds, release it let it communicate with Streambar. If it repaired with the streambar you should see light on it respond to remote clicks. Plug the Roku tv back in. Don't pair Roku remotes when you have two Roku's nearby, you can't specify which Roku it will connect to. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Rougie

Re: Pairing Streambar to a Roku TV, Remote not working

i have not used this type of post before so let me know if i am doing something wrong.  i have a 2010 model sony bravia.  I use roku remote and a sling package.  I had to get a new remote because the volume control on the roku remote broke and and i got a remote/soundbar package.  The speaker doesnt pair.  the optical link i got with the soundbar didnt fit the bravia so i bout an optical online at amazon and installed it and the hdmi cable that came with the roku and the streambar lights up but no sound other than a clicking sound emits from the bar.  Any suggest why the soundbar might not be pairing with the tv?

0 Kudos