Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dansmithii

Paired both roku remotes to same device

Ugh!

I reset and paired the voice remote which came with and (used to) control my streaming stick to my other and newer Roku express. 
Now I have BOTH remotes paired to my Roku express and don’t know how to re-pair the voice remote back to its original device—my Roku streaming stick. 
So, please after the laughter subsides…it really is ok to acknowledge the laughter because I choose to laugh at it myself ~ UNLESS you reply that you can’t help😬 me out of this crazy and embarrassing situation I created for myself. 

4 REPLIES 4
dansmithii

Re: Paired both roku remotes to same device

1st: many apologies for anyone’s time I wasted during my panic mode as I was posting my topic. I have since remedied the embarrassing situation listed in my post.  Instead of editing or deleting any of it I am simply going to post how I corrected the situation in case anyone else ever finds themselves in the same or similar situation. 

As I was racking my brain whilst browbeating myself for creating my own dilemma I recalled previously using the remote control function on the ROKU app. Once I connected my iPhone to my Wi-Fi network, I simply paired it with my streaming stick and used the remote via my iPhone to go back through the “Set up a new device—->Remotes” to reset and re-pair the original voice remote back to my streaming stick. 
I hope someone may find this useful in the future. 

Thanks,

~Dan Smith 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Thanks for reporting back to help others.  I wish more people did this.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DecentHuman
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your helpful follow-up, Dan!

0 Kudos
ttttt

It's work. i faced a lot of problem. but after reading that problem is resolved 

0 Kudos