Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwoodcock3
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote stopped working after software update

I have the same problem with a 4640X - Roku Ultra. Tried other remotes and they will not pair. Used the remote from the 4640X and easily paired it with a 3820X 4k streaming stick, so not a remote problem.

Serial number: YP009E351636

Software Version: 12.5.0 - Build 4172-29

Please fix this problem!

0 Kudos
DonVertz
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem, sort of.  I have an Onn Roku tv and the original remote that came with the tv did not work properly. The volume and mute buttons were almost always not functioning, so I paired it with a Philips SRC2063WM Universal remote. I bought the tv from Walmart's Black Friday Sale in 2020 and it worked without any issues with my Philips remote until last week.  Once the tv is off for more than 10 minutes, the remote will not power the tv on, but if I use the original remote to turn the tv on, then my Philips remote works flawlessly, it will turn the tv off and back on, change channels and volume and everything it is supposed to do.  I have even left the remote untouched for over an hour (while the tv is turned on) and the tv responds to the remote, but once the tv is turned off for more than 10 minutes, the tv will not respond to the Philips remote. I have tried to program my remote many, many times to this particular tv and it works fine until the tv is off for more than 10 minutes.

I have read the discussions listed and noticed that the Roku representatives do not answer the question.  "Can the last update be rolled back?"

I have tried many different codes on my Philips remote and have had no success in getting it to work as it did before (I have the original program code written down)

Is there any way the last update can be undone so that I can continue to use my Philips remote as the original does not work properly?

DonVertz

0 Kudos
JM16
Channel Surfer

S/N 1GU478153106.   Thanks @RokuERey 

0 Kudos
baccioly

Same problem here.

Followed your instructions to the letter.

no change.

The software update bricked the Remote rendering it useless.

How should all of us proceede?

Very frustrating!  ROKU 4 remote stopped working after update!

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. We'd like to investigate this further and what causes this behavior.

We'll need your help. Could you share with us the Roku device model where the remote is paired? This can usually be found at the back of your devices.

Please keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ryanclem
Reel Rookie

SN S08Y422VD7GV

same issues as above. Remote had no issues prior then stopped working after latest update. Remote light blinks but doesn't seem to actually pair. Have to use app to control

Thegame80
Reel Rookie

Im having the same issue after the update.  I did every single troubleshooting option but no fix.  How can i roll back the update?  I have the first version of the roku premiere+.  Model 4630X.  Serial 7KA6A8453447

0 Kudos
Piper2022
Reel Rookie

We are having the same issue with our Roku streaming stick. I have had nothing but issues with the newest Roku devices. I had to return 2 of them in the spring and now this remote issue. I have always had great luck with my previous Rokus so I am not sure what has changed but like everything else quality and service has taken a nosedive. 

0 Kudos
Thegame80
Reel Rookie

I wish there was a rollback option for the update.  Weird thing is that my original remote wont pair after the update but it will pair with my much older roku 2....and my roku 2 remote will pair with my premiere+ that has the remote control software issues.  I dont get it at all.

0 Kudos